HRs and Digital Marketers.
As a digital marketing professional for over 6 years, I've had the privilege to be "sold" on why I should join one company or the next or work with one project or the other, especially by the recruiting managers.
What I've realized is that most recruiters, HRs, project managers and even CEOs do not know what digital marketing is all about. This is from interacting with
It is more like a lazy man's job when HRs post a job title of Digital Marketer and responsibilities will include: Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Social Network Management, Online Community Management, Online Media Buying, Email Marketing, Content Writing/Curating and more.
All the above are individual roles and require definite skills (maybe cross-functional but still definite skill-sets).
More of a concern is the expectation placed on the recruited digital marketer due to misguided job functions.
I'm not against a Digital Marketing Manager being able to understand all these roles. That's one necessary part, but no one DM should be expected to do them all - effectively.
And to conclude, Marketing is not Sales! Digital Marketing is not Sales! HRs need to set clear objectives and KPIs for each department.
No comments:
Post a Comment